Safe Propane 07/21/09 3:34:06 PM
Your Nose KNOWS!!
Propane gas is the most widely used alternative fuel in the world. It does everything from heat your home to fuel your backyard barbecue. Propane is clean, efficient and safe -- provided you use it properly. But like other fuels, propane is a combustible gas. If you smell gas in your house, camper, RV, workplace or around any gas equipment...
- Promptly get everyone outside and away from the area.
- Put out all smoking materials and any other open flames.
- Do Not turn on or off light switches, appliances, or thermostats.
- Do Not use the telephone. Call 911 and your propane supplier from a neighbor's. An electric spark could ignite the gas.
- Close all gas tank or cylinder supply valves.
- Stay outside until the problem has been corrected.